Matthew speaks with Jesus, alone, when the time for Jesus departure is near. Jesus is sitting in some bench, His back against a white wall. Matthew is in front of Him, down on one knee.
- “What will happen when You are not here anymore? What will happen with us? What will happen with me? – Matthew said
- I will always walk by your side, even though you can’t see me – answered Jesus
- How will I know you are there? – replies Matthew
- Do you doubt me? – Jesus questioned him
- No Master! Forgive me….you will be by my side and I will go with you wherever you want to take me
We hugged and I saw in His eyes the certainty of His promise and how much He expected from me.”